Saturday, January 3, 2009

Out With the Old, In With the New

I hope that you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to the new year ahead. Each year on January 1st I wake up and wonder if I can do it all over again. The year stretching out ahead seems so long and daunting and fraught with so many possibilities, not all of them good, I can’t help but worry what the year will bring. Then I realize that a year is such an arbitrary time frame and life really is just one day at a time.

I thought it would be fun to look back on some of the one day at a time highlights of 2008.

Things I Don’t Want to Forget:

Jooch's first haircut

Honeybee losing his first tooth

Our first trip to Disneyland, with Gramma and Bub

Honeybee’s “graduation” and skipping a grade


My trip to NYC to visit my best pal Susie


Maia's first day of preschool


Our trip to Colorado


Gramma and Bub's visit in October


Buzzer running the La Luz and the Duke City Marathon

The election of Barack Obama

My Fiestaware Christmas



Other Stuff I Loved:
Honeybee’s note about his best friend Abbey
The way Jooch says his S’s
The way Dani says, “Darn It!”
Dani’s love of Princesses
Honeybee’s agendas and lists
Jooch’s little voice and big belly laughs

There are lots of things about 2008 I don’t want to remember as well (Sarah Palin anyone?), but I am going to focus on the good things and look forward to another year. Let’s hope this one is full of only good memories and happy times. Happy New Year!
Photobucket

3 People Are Feeling Nostalgic:

Susie said...

Wow what a busy year you've had! I know this year is gonna be even better. Boston Spring 09 baby!

Tismee2 said...

Beautiful pictures! I could just eat up Maia on her first day, she is sooo cute in those little spotty shoes!

When you look back, so much happens that you take for granted at the time and it's not until later you realise how important some of it was.

Hope 2009 is a wonderful year for you and your family.

Gailx

Tiffany said...

TAG!!! You're it...on my blog!!