Friday, February 27, 2009

Dye Hard

I gave in. I always said I would go gray gracefully and just accept my new wiry silver hairs as a new milestone in my journey to the grave. Happy, right? Well, shit, you try and be happy about gray hair and tell me how that works out for ya.

Ok, anyway, so I was going gray gracefully, all was well, as long as my hair was short. When my hair was little more than short spikes the gray was fine. There were a few little salts in my pepper but because my hair was so short they didn’t really show up that much and they rarely bothered me. Now, however, I am growing that very short hair cut out to something a little longer and the gray is really, really bothering me. Like it’s not enough that my hair is going through all these hideously awkward stages as it grows out, now I have to have gray pipe cleaners poking out of my head too. I am making good use of lots of headbands, trying to contain the funk going on up there these days. A headband, apparently, shows off all the gray hiding underneath all the gray on top. It’s not cute.

So, off to the store today to bite the bullet and wash that gray right outta my hair. The gray is gone, a coppery brown is in and I can finally stop daydreaming about shaving every last hair, gray or otherwise, off my head.
Photobucket

3 People Are Feeling Nostalgic:

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Girl, I've been going gray since I was SIXTEEN. No shame in the dye job game.

Susie said...

I can't wait to see pics of you with the new hair color. But now you'll be dying it FOREVER. Like me.

Tismee2 said...

One of the perks of being naturally blonde -ish. However, I am starting to find the odd grey eyebrow hair now and again.

Coppery brown sounds nice.