Sunday, February 8, 2009

Living in the Moment



Did you ever read something, or hear about something that made you really take stock of what you have and be thankful, oh so very thankful? This was one of those weeks. It seemed it was a week of sad stories, and it made me realize just how much I have and that I should really quit my bitching, because you know what, life is good!

Things that made me happy with my life this week:

- My MOMS Club friends. We got out to a few events last week and I have to say, those ladies really make me smile and laugh. Sometimes I need to be in a room full of fun women, and they are just that.

- My Jooch and his willingness to kiss me square on the lips at least ten times a day. I also appreciate the way he greets me like a hero every time I come home from even the smallest errand. His little legs pumping as he runs to the door yelling, "Ohhhh, Mommy!" and hurls himself at my legs.

- Honeybee and Dani's love for one another kills me. They have to do everything together, and nothing is enjoyed quite as well when done solo. Every Saturday they beg for a sleepover together and Honeybee reads bedtime stories, they wish on stars they see out the windows over his bed, then fall asleep face to face, arms and legs entwined. I dare you to witness it and not get choked up. We can't.

- My husband. Oh my husband. Dammit if he isn't the most wonderful and lovely man around. I sometimes forget just how much he does and how much he loves us. He has been home for almost two weeks straight and it has made me not want to leave the house because I just love being in the same vicinity as him. To know he is in the next room is so safe and comforting, and...sexy. I still love him like we are newlyweds instead of 14 years in. Oh, and he has done all the dishes, laundry and trips to the park the two weeks he was unexpectedly home. I, on the other hand, barely lifted a finger.

- Susie, who loves me grumpy, happy, silly, or sad. I know I can call her any time (well, anytime before 8:30pm!) and she will talk me down off whatever ledge I am currently perched on.

- My mother, who sent me HUGE Fiestaware mugs this week. She knows just what a retro girl needs.

- That all of my family is happy, healthy, no matter how far away they live, or how many messes they make. I'm glad they can make messes without a care in the world. Long live the mess makers.

- Pikes Place coffee from Starbucks.

I think I need to sit and do a post like this every time I get a little cabin fever because one can never be too grateful or have too many good things come their way, can they?
Photobucket

1 People Are Feeling Nostalgic:

Susie said...

Yes I do love you no matter what my sistah from another mistah. But it's reciprocated. I can tell you ANYTHING, and like my sisters, you listen and kvetch along with me or threaten to kick someone's ass. I'm sorry the tumbleweeds have you trapped home but you'll be out and about before you know it. Oh and you do know you can call up until 9:00pm? If it's an emergency! LOL