As a chocolate lover and avid baker I am always searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Chocolate chip cookies are one of those things that everyone has an opinion about. Some like them thin and crispy with little chip hills in them, other like them cakey, like a muffin top and others, like me, are looking for a super soft and chewy cookie. I tried this recipe and I have to say, right out of the oven they were the MOST delicious chocolate chip cookie I had ever had. Soft, chewy and very gooey. As they cooled they retained their chewiness, but they were quite firm and didn't stay as soft as I would have liked them. A few seconds in the microwave, however, transformed them back into fresh from the oven drool inducing goodness. One tip though, take them out before they seem done and before the bottom browns for the ultimate in soft baked loveliness.
What you need:
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
* 1 1/4 cups margarine or butter, softened
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 3 eggs or egg replacer
* 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 (12-24 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
What you do:
- Heat oven to 375*F.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs; blend well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375*F for 5 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown.
I made mini cookies, little bite size goodies. Stored in a pink depression glass cookie jar they were the perfect little retro treat. Enjoy!
Lunch Box Tips for the New Year
3 weeks ago