Friday, March 20, 2009

It's The End of the World as We Know It

The Jooch is approaching two and a half years-old and I am in no way ready to put him in a "big boy bed". He is a monkey; he loves to climb, he is fearless, and he is constantly getting in trouble. I fear that if he was in a big boy bed he would give up his nap and be up wandering the house in the middle of the night. The crib still seems like the safest place for him.

However, the Jooch is making his own rules and has figured out that he can easily scale the side of the bed and wreak havoc on his bedroom when he is supposed to be napping. The funny thing is that he still loves naps and still needs them, which he proved the other day.

I went up the stairs to check on him during his nap and as I crept into his room I noticed that his bed was empty, but he didn't come running to the door. I opened the door further and what should I see but this:


Sounds asleep, curled up in his favorite blanket, on the floor behind the door. While this was so heartwarmingly adorable, it was also the end of the world as we know it. Nap times will be coming to an end soon I fear. I guess I better enjoy every napping moment I can, while they still exist.

2 People Are Feeling Nostalgic:

Susie said...

Two words for you, honey. Duct. Tape.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Too sweet!!! My Aiden learned to hoist himself out of his crib before he turned a year old. We transitioned to a toddler bed for awhile, but he'd roll around and hit himself on the bars. So he's been in a twin bed for a long time. We started with the mattresses on the floor, to let him get used to it. Then we added the bed frame and an extra long bed rail. He does just fine. Good luck!