Monday, March 9, 2009

The Trouble With Two

Some days two-years-old is the greatest age that ever was. When The Jooch wakes up in a good mood and everything makes him smile and giggle, life is good. On those days he loves to give kisses, play together and listen to me read book after book while he snuggles on my lap.

Other days two is trouble. I won't say terrible, because that's a bit strong, but it's trouble for sure. Some days my two-year-old wakes up on the wrong side of the crib and the waterworks start before his tiny feet ever even hit the floor. On those days it seems nothing makes him happy, everything is worth crying over and we are both counting the minutes until nap time.

Either way though, I try to remember every moment, good and bad, because this is the last time I will have a two-year-old to enjoy. He is still experiencing new things every day, and this is the last time I will get to share this wonderment with one of my children. Pretty soon we will be done with diapers, temper tantrums, and strollers, and as strange as it seems, I know I will miss every bit of it. Diapers and all.

3 People Are Feeling Nostalgic:

Susie said...

I miss those days so much! I need a lil Jooch in my life other than a "Hi Susie!" on the phone.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

So true! I swear, sometimes having a 2-year-old is like living with someone with bipolar or something.

Katie @ goodLife {eats} said...

super cute new design! great job!